Girl Scouts of Colorado is thrilled to participate in Xcel Energy’s 8th Annual Day of Service! In addition to providing an exciting service and patch opportunity to girls on September 8, 2018, GSCO is participating in the Day of Service social media contest.
How to earn points:
• Each eligible post that follows the posting requirements below will be counted as one point for the organization mentioned in the post.
• The points will be divided by number of project volunteers to account for project scale.
• People will not be limited from posting more than once. On the contrary — Xcel encourages multiple original posts – but watch your frequency because Facebook has policies to protect from spammers!
• Shares and multiple identical posts will not count for the contest.
Who can post:
• Volunteers, team leaders, friends, family – anyone! Recruiting other people to pitch in for your project is a best practice.
Where to post:
• On the Xcel Energy Colorado Facebook page
• Your personal Instagram account
Posts must include the following four elements to be eligible:
1. The hashtags #XEDOS and #contest;
2. Tag Xcel Energy Colorado:
• On Facebook: post directly to the Xcel Energy Colorado Facebook page AND tag @Xcel Energy Colorado;
• On Instagram: post a photo or video about your project and tag @xcelenergy;
3. Tag @GSColo and,
4. Why you love the nonprofit/organization or project, what your Day of Service project is about, or volunteer activities to support the project.
*Shares and reposts and will not count towards points.*
Using photos and videos in posts:
• In addition to the contest tagging requirements listed above, a photo or video is required to post on Instagram.
• While not required to earn a point, including photos and videos on Facebook or Twitter posts is a great addition to help tell your story!
When to post:
The Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. MT on Tuesday, September 4, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. Midnight MT on Saturday, September 8.