The 2019 Denver Metro Women of Distinction honorees were selected by a committee of their peers led by Selection Chair Kim Bimestefer, Woman of Distinction ‘15, and chosen based on their contributions to the community, both professionally and personally. They are shining examples of corporate, civic, and philanthropic leadership and serve as role models for our female leaders of tomorrow. The Women of Distinction program brings together a group of women dedicated to raising support for Girl Scout leadership programs.
- Marti J. Awad, Founding Partner, Cardan Capital Partners
- The Honorable Dianne L. Briscoe
- Elycia Cook, President & CEO, FRIENDS FIRST, Inc.
- Helen Drexler, President & CEO, Delta Dental of Colorado
- Verónica Figoli, President & CEO, Denver Public Schools Foundation
- Helen Young Hayes, Founder & CEO, Activate Workforce Solutions
- Vanecia B. Kerr, Regional Executive Director, College Track Colorado
- Theresa Szczurek, Chief Information Officer and Executive Director, Colorado Governor’s Office of Information Technology
- Sarah Winbourn, Medical Director, Kids First Health Care
- Robin D. Wittenstein, CEO, Denver Health
Girl Scouts of Colorado will welcome the Class of 2019 honorees with a private reception on June 20 at the Colorado Auto Dealers Association from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. The celebration concludes with the Thin Mint Dinner on October 30 at Denver Marriott Tech Center from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. The event includes Thin Mint Cocktails and dessert made with Thin Mints, three-course meal, and event program. Event co-chairs are Tasha Jones, Senior Director of Marketing, Community Relations, Stapleton Denver, Mixed-use Development, Woman of Distinction ’15; and Michelle Lucero, Chief Administrative Officer and General Counsel, Children’s Hospital Colorado, Woman of Distinction ’15.