Submitted by Denine Dains
Troop 3972 is excited to lead Girl Scout Cadettes/Seniors in a one-of-a-kind leadership experience! Join us at Twisted Pine, a cozy cabin, 20 minutes from Denver.
Learn valuable skills such as assisting younger Girl Scouts in a troop or small group setting. You will also specialize in leading larger groups in a camp setting.
You will learn how to:
- Lead large groups of girl scouts in camp songs
- Assist young girls in a flag ceremony
- Assist young Girl Scouts with chopping food at camp while using a knife
- Set up a propane stove
- Make traditional camp foods, such as walking tacos and a foil wrapped dessert!
- Follow the rules regarding fire and cooking with a dutch oven
- Create a safe cleaning station for dishes
- Lead yourself in a professional, safe manner while working with younger girls
- Be a good role model to younger Girl Scouts
Troop 3972 is a dynamic group of go-getters, innovators, risk-takers and leaders. Many of the girls have been together since kindergarten and help lead a day camp in the Denver metro-area for more than 100 campers.
By leading their Girl Scout sisters in leadership opportunities, they are reaching their own fundraising goals to fund a scuba diving trip to the Bahamas.
We are excited to meet your Girl Scouts and the future leaders in our community!
This story was submitted using the Share Your Stories form. You can share your Girl Scout moments, too.