Girl Scout Camp: it’s where you cooked s’mores around the campfire; got a new view of the world from high atop a mountain; camped under the stars; and made lifelong friends. Those stories and more filled your letters home. Your girl can send those same greetings from Girl Scout Camp home to you, but only if you start planning now.
Girl Scouts of Colorado has moved up the opening registration date for summer camp to Wednesday, December 9, 2015 at 9 a.m. You’ll want to register on this day, if your girl wants to attend sessions that traditionally sell out quickly. For example:
- horseback riding
- Program Aides
- CIT 1 Training
- CIT 2
You’ll also want to register early if your girl wants to attend any of our sessions, which are “back by popular demand.” Those include:
· District 14 at Sky High Ranch- Ensure the odds are in your favor by honing your archery skills and learning new ones, such as canoeing and ziplining! A night under the stars will also increase your odds of becoming a victor.
· Girl vs. Zombie at Tomahawk Ranch- Learn self-defense techniques, gain survival skills, create a disaster kit, and develop your archery abilities— all in a rustic ‘survival’ setting. You’ll also have the chance to defend camp at night!
· TARDIS at Tomahawk Ranch- As a Time Lord, you’ll slip through time and space, explore the secrets of the universe, and solve mysteries untold. You’ll even teach other campers to be careful and wary of the Daleks.
· Zippers at Sky High Ranch- Just like every part of a zipper needs to work together, so will every girl in Zippers! Learn team-building and how to overcome personal challenges on the low ropes course and zipline.
Also, be sure to check out some of our new sessions, which are designed for Girl Scouts ranging from Brownies to Ambassadors.
· Adventure Olympics Go Pro at Sky High Ranch- Test your mettle and film yourself with a GoPro at the first-ever Sky High Adventure Olympics! Events include: ziplining, rock climbing, an off-site trail ride, swimming, canoeing, and archery.
· Go`s Pro at Tomahawk Ranch- This is your chance to earn your Digital Movie Maker Badge. Using a GoPro, you’ll film yourself shooting an arrow, building a fire, chasing a chicken, howling at the top of a mountain, making a s’more and so much more.
· Farm Fillies at Sky High Ranch- Spend your days with farm animals, grooming and feeding them, then join us for a good ole’ fashioned Western hoe-down with dancing, goodies and more! This camp also includes an off-site horseback trail ride.
· Treasure Hunters at Tomahawk Ranch- Seek the treasure and you shall find the lost secret of Tomahawk Ranch. Solve and follow clues by learning fort/shelter building, fire building, cooking outdoors, knife safety, and other survival techniques! You might even have to walk our plank!
Learn more about these sessions and all sessions for Girl Scout Camp 2016 when they’re published on the Girl Scouts of Colorado website in early November. We’ll send an email to parents to let you know when it is ready.
Reminder: Even though registration for Girl Scout Camp 2016 starts Dec. 9, 2015, you will still have through April 30, 2016 to register and pay for camps at Early Bird Pricing.
Other Important Dates:
First week of December:
· If you have a registered Girl Scout entering 1st -12th grade in fall 2016, a camp brochure will be sent to your home. (Make sure your membership is up to date so you’ll be on the mailing list!)
1. One is for Daisies, Brownies and Juniors
2. One is for Cadettes, Seniors and Ambassadors
· Included is a complete listing of camps offered on the Girl Scouts of Colorado website
*Note: Groups in your area may offer Girl Scout camps not listed on our website. Volunteer-led day camps, troop camps, family camps, and one-day events may be added to the website after the brochure is printed.
If your girl attended a Girl Scout Camp in 2014 or 2015, you will receive an email through CampInTouch with instructions to log into your online account and ensure your girl is ready for registration.
December 9: Registration for Girl Scout Camp opens at 9 a.m. through CampInTouch. You get there through the Girl Scouts of Colorado website. Be sure to use the most recent version of Google Chrome or Firefox to get the best experience in CampInTouch.
*Note: Some camps with volunteer-run registration use different registration systems.
January 19: New camp sessions and spaces will be added at 9 a.m.
· We’ll add spaces in popular overnight sessions at Tomahawk Ranch and Sky High Ranch.
· Other camp session changes or additions will be announced at this time.
April 30: Early Bird pricing ends, at 11:59 p.m. Pay all fees by this date and lock in lowest rates for camp.
*Note: Girl Scouts of Colorado offices will be closed for the holidays Dec. 20, 2015 – Jan. 3, 2016. The registration system will remain open, but support staff will not be available.