Mark your calendars! Girl Scouts will be once again be showcasing their leadership style at the Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade!
No matter where you are, join Girl Scouts, R&B platinum-selling artist Andra Day, and rap superstar Common to stand up for something you believe in. When you spy the Girl Scout float, take to social media and share what you stand for using #GIRLagenda and #StandUpForSomething.
If you plan to be in New York City on Thanksgiving morning, use this list to make the most of the inspiring celebration. Let’s do this!
- Pick a viewing location. A Girl Scout is always prepared! Our map will help you scope out the best views of the parade—don’t forget to get there early. For more parade tips, visit macys.com/social/parade. To watch with your fellow Girl Scout sisters, we will have special meet up locations on the WEST side of Central Park West and 75th Street and WEST side of 6th Avenue and 45th Street.
- Bring your SWAPS. What better way to meet new Girl Scout friends than by making SWAPS (Special Whatchamacallits Affectionately Pinned Somewhere) to trade at the parade? In case you didn’t know, SWAPS, an honored Girl Scout tradition, are small, girl-made tokens of friendship exchanged among Girl Scouts who meet while traveling. It’s so much fun!
- Visit Girl Scout Headquarters. After your parade adventure, take a stroll up to 37th Street and 5th Avenue to check out Girl Scouts of the USA’s national office at 420 5th Avenue. The building will be closed Thursday, but the Girl Scout sign out front is a great backdrop for a photo op.
- Shop your favorite Girl Scout gear. Be one of the first to visit Girl Scout Central, our all-new store, and grab the latest Girl Scout gear or some gifts for your Girl Scout sisters back home—they’ll love it! The shop is located on the bottom floor of the national office and will be open on Black Friday from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 12:30 PM to 3:30 PM.
Can’t join us in the city? That’s OK! Participate in these four ways from the comfort of your own home.
- Tune in! The 91st Annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade airs nationwide on NBC on Thursday, November 23, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. across time zones.
- Get creative. Take “I Spy” to the next level by coloring your findings and drawing in your favorite Girl Scout badges using the “Building a Better World” coloring sheet.
- Celebrate the Occasion. Don’t forget to visit the Girl Scout Shop to pick up your Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade photo or commemorative patches to remember the event. Plus, the all-new parade float ornament is the perfect way to showcase your Girl Scout pride all holiday season long. Quantities of these special-edition items are limited, so don’t miss out.
- Give back to your Girl Scout sisters. This year has been especially difficult—between Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria and the wildfires ravaging California, many Girl Scouts across the United States have found themselves in challenging situations. This Thanksgiving, while sharing what you are grateful for, take a moment to donate to those in need. And don’t forget to save the date: Girl Scouts of the USA will be joining forces with Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council to host a special Facebook Live on November 28 with more ways to help.
Now that you’re ready to celebrate, don’t forget to follow along on Facebook, Twitter,and Instagram on Thanksgiving Day to catch behind-the-scenes moments from the parade and so much more we want to Buy instagram video views!