Mark your calendars! Registration for Girl Scout Camp 2017 begins Jan. 19 at 9 a.m. on the Girl Scouts of Colorado website at girlscoutsofcolorado.org. GSCO is proud to offer a variety of sessions designed for girls entering first grade through seniors in high school at both Sky High Ranch near Colorado Springs or Tomahawk Ranch southwest of Denver. Overnight camp sessions are 3 days, 6 days, 9 days, or 12 days.
For summer 2017, your girl can rough-it survivor-style, summon the courage to zip down the zip line, sing and dance with new friends, or even paint a chicken’s toe nails! Sessions begin June 7 and include themes such as:
- Pioneers at Tomahawk Ranch- Girls will travel back in time to the 1800’s! They’ll learn to cook over a fire, prepare food as their ancestors did, track animals, and make their own soaps and lotion.
- Oopy Goopy Science at Sky High Ranch – Girls will learn how to launch pop and tea bag rockets, explode watermelons, and make fizzy lemonade to drink.
- On Target at Tomahawk Ranch – Girls can become skilled archers while practicing on the range and field course and learning a new target activity called FLU-FLU (archery golf)! They’ll also get to whittle their own arrows and fashion them with arrowheads and fletching!
- Water Fillies at Sky High Ranch – Cool off from a day at the barn with a dip in the pond! Girls will split their time between the pond and barn. They’ll canoe, kayak, and stand-up paddle board, as well as groom, feed and play with the animals.
- Dream Team at Tomahawk Ranch – This is the ultimate girl-led adventure! Girls will design their own session by choosing from a variety of activities including: horseback riding, archery, outdoor cooking, hiking, crafts, stargazing, roasting marshmallows around a campfire, and spa nights!
Girl Scouts of Colorado will also continue to offer day camp, family camp, and troop camp adventures throughout the state.
A new Girl Scouts of Colorado summer camp website will launch in early December (www.girlscoutsofcolorado.org/camp). You’ll find all the session listings, information about camp properties, and more. Remember to register early. Some sessions fill in just a few hours!
This holiday season, give your girl the gift of Girl Scout Camp! Girl Scout Camp is the experience of a lifetime and there are so many reasons to send your girl to Girl Scout Camp!
When friends or family ask what your girl might want this holiday season, suggest the gift of Girl Scout Camp! Grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. can order a Girl Scout Gift Card online or purchase one in person at the Girl Scouts of Colorado Shop.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.