Girl Scouts of the USA is looking for troops at each Girl Scout level to participate in a research study on the use of outdoor badges, made possible by the Elliott Wildlife Values Project.
Selected troops will:
- Be assigned to complete one, two, or three outdoor badges between November 16, 2018 and June 1, 2019. You choose the dates, we choose the number of badges. Troops will be able to choose from a menu of four badges, including camping, environmental stewardship, art in nature, and naturalist badges.
- Complete and submit to GSUSA a pre- and a post-program survey, or a one-time post-only survey (girls only) after the completion of badge(s). Surveys can be taken on paper or online; survey type will be assigned by GSUSA.
- Complete an online volunteer survey (leaders only) after the completion of badge(s).
Who Can Participate
- We are looking for troops at all Girl Scout levels (multi-level welcome).
- Troops with any level of outdoor experience welcome. No outdoor experience required.
- Troops that participated in the 2018 outdoor survey pilot study are not eligible.
Benefit to Troops
Participating troops will have the opportunity to help Girl Scouts of the USA understand how our programs benefit girls. Participating troops will also receive all earned badges free of charge!
How to Apply
Interested troops can apply here. A troop leader must complete the entire application by October 31 to be considered.