Girl Scouts of Colorado is announcing the 2013 inductees into the esteemed Women of Distinction program in the Denver metro-area at a private reception on June 4 at the home of 2002 Woman of Distinction and 2013 Thin Mint Dinner co-chair Elaine Gantz Berman (photos from the June 4th event). This year’s eight Denver metro-area honorees were selected by a committee of their peers led by Selection Chair Dr. Jandel Allen-Davis, Vice President of Government and External Relations at Kaiser Permanente Colorado and 2012 Woman of Distinction, and chosen based on their contributions to the community, both professionally and personally. The Women of Distinction commit to supporting Girl Scouts of Colorado and serving Girl Scouts today.
The Women of Distinction program began in the Denver area in 1997. Including this year’s honorees, Girl Scouts of Colorado has recognized 395 women with this honor. The Women of Distinction is widely regarded as one of Denver’s premier philanthropic programs, bringing together a group of women dedicated to raising funds to support Girl Scout leadership programs. More than $2 million has been raised in 16 years.
Later this year, Girl Scouts of Colorado will publicly honor these inductees at the 2013 Thin Mint Dinner in Denver. This event will be from 5:30-8:30 p.m. on Oct. 10 at the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel and will once again spotlight Girl Scouts’ Live Healthy, Lead Healthy initiative, focusing on self-esteem, good nutrition and exercise. Paula Herzmark, Executive Director of the Denver Health Foundation and 2002 Woman of Distinction, and Elaine Gantz Berman, Colorado State Board of Education and 2002 Woman of Distinction, are event co-chairs.
For more information on the Oct. 10 event, including how you can help, please contact Amy Myers at 303-607-4896 or email@example.com. You can also visit our website for more information or to purchase tickets and/or sponsorships at girlscoutsofcolorado.org/women-of-distinction-denver.
Girl Scouts of Colorado’s Denver metro-area 2013 Women of Distinction:
- Denise Burgess, President/General Manager, Burgess Services, Inc.
- Michelle M. Lucero, Esq., Chief Legal Officer, Children’s Hospital Colorado
- Karen Nakandakare, Diversity, Inclusion & Community Investment, CH2M HILL
- Kristin Richardson, Community Volunteer, Smithsonian National Board, Smithsonian Science Education Board, Children’s Hospital Colorado & Foundation Boards, TBD Colorado Board
- Christine M. Riordan, Ph.D., Former Dean, Daniels College of Business, University of Denver, Provost, University of Kentucky
- Mimi Roberson, President/CEO, Presbyterian/St. Luke’s Medical Center & Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children at P/SL
- Regina M. Rodriguez, Partner, Faegre Baker Daniels LLP
- Shari F. Shink, Esq., Founder/President Emeritus, Rocky Mountain Children’s Law Center
Media coverage of announcement: Denver Business Journal