From Girl Scouts of the USA:
Girl Scouts is the best girl leadership organization in the world, created with and for girls. We believe strongly in the importance of the all-girl, girl-led, and girl-friendly environment that Girl Scouts provides, which creates a free space for girls to learn and thrive.
The benefit of the single-gender environment has been well-documented by educators, scholars, other girl- and youth-serving organizations, and Girl Scouts and their families. Girl Scouts offers a one-of-a-kind experience for girls with a program tailored specifically to their unique developmental needs.
At Girl Scouts, we are the girl experts, and for more than a century we have provided millions of girls opportunities for adventure, inspiration, and valuable mentoring. Offering hands-on, girl-centered learning in STEM, the outdoors, and entrepreneurship, and abundant opportunities to develop invaluable life skills, Girl Scouts helps all girls take the lead early and often. The Girl Scout Leadership Experience pairs girls with strong, caring female role models and mentors who prepare them to take the lead from age 5 to 18 and into adulthood. And we’re backed by more than 100 years of experience and expertise in the field.
As the premier leadership organization for girls, we are unmatched in delivering proven outcomes:
- Our Girl Scout Gold Award, the highest achievement in Girl Scouting, is a top-tier credential for girls as they enter their post–high school lives, enabling them to distinguish themselves in the college admissions process, earn college scholarships, and enter the military one rank higher.
- No one does girl leadership better than we do. Compared to women who weren’t Girl Scouts in their youth, Girl Scout alumnae:
- Are better educated and have more success in their careers
- Enjoy higher household and personal income
- Are more active as mentors and community volunteers
- Have more confidence in themselves and their abilities
- In the U.S., 90 percent of female astronauts, 80 percent of female tech leaders, 75 percent of current senators, and all U.S. Secretaries of State are Girl Scout alumnae.
At Girl Scouts, girls learn the skills, have the experiences, and cultivate the relationships that enable them to soar in life. From taking a night time hike under the stars to accepting a mission on the International Space Station; from lobbying the city council with her troop to holding a seat in Congress; from running her own cookie business today to tackling cybersecurity tomorrow—a Girl Scout is ready to change the world right now and accomplish big things in the future.
The need for female leadership has never been clearer or more urgent than it is today—and only Girl Scouts has the expertise to give girls and young women the tools they need for success.
Girl Scouts works. We’re committed to preparing the next generation of women leaders, and we’re here to stay.
Click here to find troops and other opportunities near you!