Are you passionate about Girl Scouts? Are you passionate about learning about other cultures and the world beyond the United States? The Global Action Team invites you to join us!
The concept of “global” is present in everything Girl Scouts do. From earning your Violet Petal as a Daisy and learning how to be a sister to every Girl Scout to celebrating World Thinking Day to completing the Justice Journey as an Ambassador and exploring global environmental issues. The mission of the Global Action Team is to bring awareness of and create action steps on global issues that impact the lives of girls and women to make the world a better place through the worldwide sisterhood.
The Global Action Team meets virtually once a month to take action and try to infuse global ideas and concepts into everything Girl Scouts of Colorado does. Over the last few months, the Global Action Team has:
- Assisted service units across the state with their regional World Thinking Day programs
- Planned and executed a virtual World Environment Day program: http://gscoblog.org/2020/05/2020-world-environment-day-activities/
- Launched a new educational video all about global Girl Scouts: https://youtu.be/_93QbBqvJ8g
- Published a week-long series of activities for Girl Scouts to celebrate Our Chalet’s birthday: http://gscoblog.org/?s=happy+birthday+our+chalet
- Published information about women’s voting rights around the world in celebration of the Women’s Suffrage Centennial in the U.S.: http://gscoblog.org/2020/08/a-closer-look-at-womens-voting-rights-around-the-world/
As we embark on a new membership year, we look forward to planning a virtual program for International Day of the Girl and (hopefully!) planning an in-person World Environment Day program at Meadow Mountain Ranch.
As we work to serve Girl Scouts across Colorado, we also are looking for members from across the state and we want you to join us! This is a wonderful opportunity to give back to the Girl Scout community and tap into your passion for all things global.
We want to hear how your girl is using her Girl Scout skills by taking initiative, caring for the community, and Girl Scouting at home. She can send in her story here.