Lots of Girl Scouts and volunteers made cookie customers happy this weekend by braving the cold weather. Cookie booths and Porch Pixie deliveries were in full swing!
Managing Cookie Inventory- Best Practices
Is it time to restock your cookie inventory? Before placing a cupboard order, now is a good time to take stock of all cookie packages distributed to girls in the troop.
Ask girls and families to do a count and report back to you. Checking in helps both volunteers and parents/caregivers ensure that all the cookies they have are sold by the end of the program!
- If a family in your troop has an abundance of cookies, it might be best to use that inventory, and other family cookie inventory at the next booth(s) first, rather than pull more cookies from a cupboard. Also ask families:
- Can your Girl Scout work at an upcoming Council booth(s)?
- Does parent/caregiver need help securing or submitting My Sales booths for approval?
Check the Cookie Exchange too and help a sister troop out! Under the Cookie Exchange tab in eBudde, you can:
- See and pick-up additional cookies that your troop needs from other troops in your area.
- Offer your troop excess inventory to other troops as well.
Not sure how to use the Cookie Exchange? Look for a short “how-to” video to post on the GSCO Facebook page and YouTube channel by Thursday Feb. 18.
Keep in mind that at this point in the cookie program, GSCO is constantly moving cookie inventory between cupboards around the state.
- It’s possible your closest cupboard will not have all varieties available, but another cupboard in your area will!
- In eBudde, you can see all cookie cupboards in your area. Select a cupboard from the drop-down menu. Once you select a cupboard, you can click the “map it” button to see exactly where it’s located.
Be mindful that many cupboards are managed by volunteers and have varying hours. Continue to place orders at least 72 hours prior to picking up from the cupboard.
It is important to note that anyone who picks up cookies from a cupboard will need an eBudde password.
Are you a new troop? Do you need assistance with inventory management? Troop cookie managers should contact their service unit cookie manager for support.
Booth Release and Waiting List
Can’t make it to a booth you selected? TCMs, be sure to release the booth on your eBudde dashboard so that other troops can work the booth. When booth selections are released, any troop on the waiting list will be notified and can secure the booth selection on a first-come/first-serve basis.
Click the link to the video below to find out how to get on a booth location waitlist and how to release a booth: https://youtu.be/s4UB1YLAPtY.
Caregivers/parents, please contact your TCM to cancel My Sales booths.
Digital Cookie Orders
It’s important that when girls distribute door hangers or cookie fliers in their neighborhoods with QR codes to their Digital Cookie site, or when girls make Porch Pixie cookie deliveries, that they:
- Contact the customer ahead of delivery to coordinate date/time.
- Leave parent/caregiver contact information on a thank you note, with the cookie delivery in case the customer needs to follow-up about their order or their cookie delivery. For neighborhood cookie sales especially, sometimes customers are ordering cookies from a few different Girl Scouts.
Girls should not leave cookie fliers or door hangers in mailboxes!
To learn more girl delivery tips, check out the Customer Service Best Practices article also on the GSCO Blog.
Porch Pixie Patch
In honor of the new girl delivery option, girls will earn a custom Porch Pixie patch* when they make their first contactless delivery to a customer!
Take a photo of yourself dropping off cookies on a doorstep, then complete the online form no later than Tuesday, March 9, 2021. Be sure to include your goals, Hometown Hero, and troop number. *This patch is only available to Colorado Girl Scouts.
If customers have questions or an issue with Digital Cookie orders, they need to contact GSUSA/Digital Cookie customer care. The more detailed information the customer can provide on the form, the better.
Vote for Your Favorite Cookie Video
Thank you to everyone who entered our contest for “Best Cookie Video.” We are so impressed by the creativity and enthusiasm of all of these cookie-bosses. Now, it is time to rally your friends and family to vote!
All of the entries have been uploaded to the GSCO YouTube Channel and are part of the playlist: Best Cookie Video Contest 2021. If you like a video, simply click the “thumbs up” icon beneath it. The video that receives the most “thumbs up” by February 24 at 9 a.m. wins!
First Prize: 200 Cookie Credits
Second Prize: 100 Cookie Credits
Third Prize: 50 Cookie Credits
Show us How You’re Persevering During the Pandemic
Girl Scouts can also earn a FREE Pandemic Perseverance patch. Read the GSCO Blog article for more information!
Thank you, Media Stars!
From television to radio to newspapers and even social media, Girl Scouts of Colorado Media Stars have been working hard to spread the word about the 2021 Girl Scout Cookie Program and all the amazing things Girl Scouts do with their cookie money. Interested in being a GSCO Media Star? Email Public Relations Director AnneMarie Harper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookie Program Proceeds
Please remember troop members share in the proceeds from a successful product program; proceeds aren’t distributed to individual girl members. Girls are eligible for rewards and Cookie Credits that they put toward council-sponsored camps, programs, and items in the Girl Scouts of Colorado Shop.