WHO: Girl Scouts of Colorado honors ten extraordinary women as 2015 Women of Distinction:
- Shirley Amore, Retired City Librarian, Denver Public Library
- Kim Bimestefer, President & General Manager, Cigna Mountain States
- Laura J. Davis, Former Director of Environmental, Health & Safety and Systems Safety Engineering, Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp.
- Cheryl Haggstrom, Executive Vice President, Community First Foundation
- M.L. Hanson, President, Idyll Cravings, LLC
- Djuana Harvell, PhD, be well/be EPIC Project Manager, The Stapleton Foundation for Sustainable Urban Communities
- Tasha L. Jones, Director of Marketing, Forest City Stapleton, Inc.
- Loretta P. Martinez, General Counsel & Secretary to the Board of Trustees, Metropolitan State University of Denver
- Vicki Scott, Program Manager, Aurora Youth Options, Aurora Mental Health Center
- Debbie Trujillo, Community Relations Director, KeyBank
WHAT: This year’s honorees were selected by a committee of their peers led by Selection Chair Alice Kelly, 2002 Woman of Distinction, and chosen based on their contributions to the community, both professionally and personally. They are shining examples of corporate, civic and philanthropic leadership and serve as role models for our female leaders of tomorrow.
The Oct. 20 event includes a three-course dinner and creative dessert featuring Girl Scout Cookies. Girl Scout Christina Bear, who recently earned the Gold Award, the highest award in Girl Scouts, is the Keynote Speaker. Event co-chairs are Luella Chavez D’Angelo, Chief Communications Officer, The Western Union Company, 2005 Woman of Distinction; and Donna Lynne, President, Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Colorado, 2006 Woman of Distinction.
WHEN: Tuesday, Oct. 20, 5:30-8:30 p.m.
WHERE: Sheraton Denver Downtown, 1550 Court Place, Denver
For more information, contact Heidi Books at 303-607-4833 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For media, RSVP by Oct. 7 to AnneMarie Harper at 303-607-4844 or email@example.com.
Western Union is this year’s presenting sponsor. Other sponsors include: UMB, Lockheed Martin, Arrow Electronics, Davita HealthCare Partners, Delta Dental, EKS&H Management LLC, Forest City Stapleton, Hogan Lovells, Molson Coors and Volunteers of America.