Submitted by Marcy Kendall
Northern & Northeastern CO
Girl Scout Juniors are welcome to join Troops 72418 and 73010 to earn their “Space Science Investigator” badge on Friday, October 4, 2019 from 4:30-6:30 p.m. at Fiske Planetarium (2414 Regent Drive. Boulder 80309). Cost is $12/girl. You must register by October 1. Space is limited!
All five steps will be available, so girls can earn the badge. The first step of the badge is a scale model. This starts OUTSIDE the planetarium and the leader/parent needs to do the walk with the girl(s). That is NOT done by the volunteers at the planetarium.
The time is 4:30-6:30 p.m. and includes a show specifically for the Girl Scouts to earn their badge.
- Dinner: pizza, veggies, and fruit
- “Bake” your own spacecraft
- Make a spectrometer
- Planetarium show
- Ball Aerospace engineer volunteers
What’s NOT included:
- The “Space Science Investigator” badge itself – (can be added on separately)
- Beverage: Bring your own water bottle
- Enough volunteers to walk with your girls on the scale model (done before or after other stations with parents/leaders who brought the girls). This step is to be done by girls with their leaders/adults either before 4:30 or after the planetarium show. Directions for the scale walk will be provided to adults before the date.
For parking information use this website: https://www.colorado.edu/fiske/plan-your-visit/parking-bus-information
Registration link: https://junior-space-science-investigator-night.cheddarup.com
Questions? Please email Marcy Kendall at email@example.com.
This story was submitted using the Share Your Stories form. You can share your Girl Scout moments, too.