Girl Scout Juniors and Cadettes are invited to join the female pilots of the Colorado 99s for Aviation Patch Day on Saturday, October 12, 2019 from 1-4 p.m. in Colorado Springs! The 99s is an international organization of women pilots who work to promote the advancement of aviation through education, scholarships, and mutual support while honoring their unique history and sharing their passion for flight.
This event has filled quickly in the past! Register online now: https://www.girlscoutsofcolorado.org/en/events-repository/2019/colorado_99s_aviatio.html
This event will introduce 45 Girl Scouts to five different parts of aviation.
- Aviation History: Take a trip through aviation history to the first pilots and their planes.
- Aircraft Design: Tour a General Aviation hangar to view and explore different types of airplanes.
- Airfield Design: Explore the meaning of the pavement markings, signs, and lights at an airport and learn how they help with traffic at an airport.
- ATC (Air Traffic Control): Tour the Colorado Springs Air Traffic Control Tower (Located on Peterson Air Force Base).
- Airline Maintenance: Tour SkyWest Airline’s Colorado Springs maintenance base.
Check-in is 12:30 – 1 p.m. The event starts at 1 p.m
- Jet Center (1575 Aviation Way, Colorado Springs 80916)
- SkyWest Maintenance Hanger (1945 Aviation Way, Colorado Springs 80916)
- ATC Tower (460 Kinchloe Loop, Colorado Springs 80914)
Registration will close when capacity is met OR on October 3.
Please note: This is not a drop off event. All Girl Scouts must attend with a parent, guardian, or troop leader. This event takes place at three locations (listed below) and adults in attendance are expected to transport their girls to each location throughout the event. The whole group will move to each location together.