Girl Scouts of Colorado is honored to receive a donation in the amount of $4,000 from Chevron to support Girl Scouts in the Western Colorado region. These funds will be combined with others from the upcoming Women of Distinction Breakfast to provide financial assistance to underserved girls. Girl Scouts of Colorado and Chevron want EVERY girl to be able to have the Girl Scout Leadership Experience regardless of their financial circumstances.
“Chevron has been involved the Women of Distinction event for several years,” said Cary Baird, Chevron Public and Government Affairs Advisor, “and it’s wonderful to see how it has grown in size and visibility. We are proud to recognize today’s women leaders and help prepare girls and young women to succeed in the future.”
Since 2013, including this year’s honorees, Girl Scouts of Colorado has recognized 18 women on the Western Slope as Women of Distinction. The Women of Distinction program brings together a group of women dedicated to raising funds to support Girl Scout leadership programs.
For 2019, three Women of Distinction are being recognized. These Women of Distinction were voted on by their peers and will receive an award:
- Jenn Moore, Executive Director of the EUREKA! McConnell Science Museum
- Angelina Salazar, CEO, Western Healthcare Alliance
- Diane Schwenke, President & CEO, Grand Junction Area Chamber of Commerce
The Women of Distinction Breakfast is on November 7. This year’s event will be held at the Two Rivers Convention Center. The 2019 Event Chair is LeAnn Zetmeir, Woman of Distinction ’18. Event Sponsors: Gold Presenting Sponsor, US Bank; Silver Presenting Sponsor, FCI Constructors.
For information regarding tickets and sponsorships, visit www.girlscoutsofcolorado.org/wodgj or contact Cindi Graves at (970) 628 – 8003 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2019 Denver Metro Women of Distinction honorees were selected by a committee of their peers led by Selection Chair Kim Bimestefer, Woman of Distinction ‘15, and chosen based on their contributions to the community, both professionally and personally. They are shining examples of corporate, civic, and philanthropic leadership and serve as role models for our female leaders of tomorrow. The Women of Distinction program brings together a group of women dedicated to raising support for Girl Scout leadership programs.
- Marti J. Awad, Founding Partner, Cardan Capital Partners
- The Honorable Dianne L. Briscoe
- Elycia Cook, President & CEO, FRIENDS FIRST, Inc.
- Helen Drexler, President & CEO, Delta Dental of Colorado
- Verónica Figoli, President & CEO, Denver Public Schools Foundation
- Helen Young Hayes, Founder & CEO, Activate Workforce Solutions
- Vanecia B. Kerr, Regional Executive Director, College Track Colorado
- Theresa Szczurek, Chief Information Officer and Executive Director, Colorado Governor’s Office of Information Technology
- Sarah Winbourn, Medical Director, Kids First Health Care
- Robin D. Wittenstein, CEO, Denver Health
Girl Scouts of Colorado will welcome the Class of 2019 honorees with a private reception on June 20 at the Colorado Auto Dealers Association from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. The celebration concludes with the Thin Mint Dinner on October 30 at Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m. The event includes Thin Mint Cocktails and dessert made with Thin Mints, three-course meal, and event program. Event co-chairs are Tasha Jones, Senior Director of Marketing, Community Relations, Stapleton Denver, Mixed-use Development, Woman of Distinction ’15; and Michelle Lucero, Chief Administrative Officer and General Counsel, Children’s Hospital Colorado, Woman of Distinction ’15.
For information regarding tickets and sponsorships, visit http://girlscoutsofcolorado.org/woddenver or contact Heidi Books at (303) 607 – 4833 or at email@example.com.