Wednesday, October 30, 2019, Girl Scouts of Colorado honored the 2019 Women of Distinction during the Thin Mint Dinner at the Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center. The 2019 Women of Distinction for the Denver metro-area are:
- Marti J. Awad, Founding Partner, Cardan Capital Partners
- The Honorable Dianne L. Briscoe
- Elycia Cook, President and CEO, FRIENDS FIRST, Inc.
- Helen Drexler, President and CEO, Delta Dental of Colorado
- Verónica Figoli, President and CEO, Denver Public Schools Foundation
- Helen Young Hayes, Founder and CEO, Activate Workforce Solutions
- Vanecia B. Kerr, Regional Executive Director, College Track Colorado
- Theresa Szczurek, Chief Information Officer and Executive Director, Colorado Governor’s Office of Information Technology
- Dr. Sarah Winbourn, Medical Director, Kids First Health Care
- Robin D. Wittenstein, CEO, Denver Health
A group of nearly 450 gathered at the event, which was chaired by Women of Distinction Tasha Jones ’15 and Michelle Lucero ‘13. The honorees were selected by a committee of their peers led by Selection Chair Kim Bimestefer ‘15. They are shining examples of corporate, civic, and philanthropic leadership and serve as role models for our female leaders of tomorrow.
New for 2019! Girl Scouts of Colorado recognized the first-ever Corporate Champion – Crocs! This award recognizes hard work in advancing women in their industry, supporting and encouraging women and girls, and working to raise awareness about remarkable women.
The evening’s keynote speaker was Gold Award Girl Scout Emily Kretschmer from Colorado Springs and recipient of the Stephanie A. Foote Leadership Prize for Gold Award Excellence.
Thank you to all of our generous event sponsors, including Silver Presenting Sponsor, Crocs, and Samoa Sponsors: Arrow, BBVA Compass, Cardan Capital Partners, Delta Dental, Hogan Lovells, and Volunteers of America.
Since 1997 Girl Scouts of Colorado has recognized 446 Denver-area women with this honor. More than $2 million has been raised by Women of Distinction for Girl Scout programs.