Girl Scouts in Colorado are invited to participate in the 2012 FBI National Citizens Academy Alumni Associations’ (FBINCAA) Annual Leadership Conference Student Art Competition for amateur artists. The competition promotes the goals and mission of the FBI and the FBINCAAA, including courage, sacrifice, responsible citizenship, justice, and being crime smart while recognizing talented young artists in the Denver Metro area.
The program partner for the Student Art Competition will be the Boys and Girls Club of Denver Metro, Girl Scouts of Colorado, and the Boy Scouts (Metro Denver). This local contest is being held in conjunction with the annual 2012 FBI National Citizens Academy Alumni Associations’ (FBINCAA) Annual Leadership Conference.
The winning student will receive a $500 scholarship and an invitation to attend a VIP Reception during the conference for the official unveiling of their artwork. Second and third place winners will receive a $250 scholarship and invitation to a VIP Reception. All qualifying entries will be displayed at select events during the national conference. Competition requirements with respect to general guidelines such as content, suitability, and framing are:
- Only students in 8th to 12th grade who are active members of the Boys and Girls Club of Denver Metro, the Girl Scouts (Denver Metro) or the Boy Scouts – Denver Area Council may compete.
- A student release form must be attached to the art work submitted (attached).
- All artworks must be original and may not violate any U.S. copyright laws.
- Students are encouraged to incorporate the mission of the FBI and the theme of this contest into their works of art.
- All artwork must be two-dimensional.
- For display purposes, all artwork must be framed. Artwork, including the frame, can be no larger that 30″ high x 30″ wide x 4″ deep.
- Acceptable categories include: Paintings, Drawings, Collage, Prints, Mixed Media, Computer generated art, and Photography.
- The deadline for submission is Sept. 1, 2012
Submit all artwork entries to:
FBICAAA- Denver Chapter
ATTN: Sue Smith
200 Fillmore Street, Suite 400, Denver, CO 80206