Betsy Till, Outdoor Programs Director
Haley Peel, Assistant Outdoor Programs Director (in charge of all volunteer-led outdoor programming!)
Monica Gray, Tomahawk Ranch Camp Director
Kim Petau, Sky High Ranch Camp Director.
We can’t do it without the help of volunteers like you! Here is a list of volunteer opportunities this summer (review them with your troop!)
Troop Camp Host Director:
- Works with Haley Peel and the Troop Camp location on program, and logistics.
- Once at the Troop Camp, works on-site with staff to make sure things are printed if needed (each Troop Camp location will have a digital download of health info, waivers, etc.).
- This person may have meetings with Haley Peel and/or the Troop Camp location prior to the camp to make sure it is “Girl Scout-y”
- This person receives free admission to camp along with their child
- Haley Peel approves these Troop Camp Host Directors, and help get them registered for camp prior to January 13 with the appropriate discount. Deadline to apply for this is December 15.
- Interested? Contact: Haley.Peel@gscolorado.org
- The Needs for Troop Camp Host Directors:
- Camp Jackson Troop Camp 8/9-11; needs host director in Rye
Troop Camp Host Troop:
- Help do things like: create caper charts, welcome girls/leaders to camp, help with cabin assignments, lead Girl Scout songs/games.
- They work with the Troop Camp Host Director and camp staff at the Troop Camp Location to make sure the schedule works, and there are girl-led opportunities at the Troop Camp.
- They support the Troop Camp Host Director, help the girls lead their peers, and help coach first time campers/troops.
- They receive a 20% discount to the Troop Camp for up to 6 girls on top of the camp fees, and must be Juniors or above.
- Girls can also use cookie credits, and cookie volume discounts (5% if you sell 500 boxes, 10% if you sell 100 boxes, etc.) towards camp fees.
- Haley Peel will gather and collect host troop payment info to enroll them in camp in CampInTouch prior to opening camp registration on January 13. Deadline to apply for this is December 15.
- Interested? Contact: Haley.Peel@gscolorado.org
- The Needs for Host Troops:
- MMR June Troop Camp 6/12-14; in Allenspark
- MMR July Troop Camp 7/10-12; in Allenspark
- Gypsum Troop Camp 7/19-21; in Gypsum
- MMR August Troop Camp 8/7-9; in Allenspark
- Camp Jackson Troop Camp 8/9-11; in Rye
Day Camp Adult Volunteers
- Adult volunteers are needed to help with Day Camps
- They are approved by the individual day camp directors, and registered through CampInTouch by Haley Peel
- They register their daughter for camp and pay their 10% deposit, then once the Day Camp Director gives their info to Haley she will give the 90% discount to their girl on the back end and also will enroll the adult
- Interested, Contact the Day Camp Director to apply
- The Needs For Day Camp Adult Volunteers:
- Be Wild! 6/8-12; 10 adults in Aurora; email@example.com
- A Journey Through Time 6/15-19; 6 adults in Colorado Springs; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Franktown Day Camp 6/15-19; 10 adults in Franktown; email@example.com
- Boating Specialty Day Camps 6/22-26; 11 adults in Morrison, various boating specialties, may need additional training; firstname.lastname@example.org
- H2O Sampler 7/20-24; 10 adults in Morrison, various specialties, may need additional training to volunteer; email@example.com
- Horseback Riding Day Camp 8/10-14; needs 14 adults and 2 lifeguards in Morrison; firstname.lastname@example.org
- NEW: Fort Collins Girl Scout Day Camp! This camp is re-starting with new leadership and will operate in 2015 at Swift Ponds. Contact Dorsi, email@example.com to learn about adult volunteer opportunities!
NEW: Outdoor Instructors: archery instructors, fishing instructors, and boating instructors are wanted for single and/or multiple day events. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org know if you are interested.
Outdoor Program Volunteer Directors
- We need adults/troops/groups/service units to deliver Outdoor Programs around the state. This can only be done with the help of volunteers like you!
- For resources, check out the Complete Guide to Running Volunteer Outdoor Programs
- Interested/have questions after reviewing this Guide? Contact: Haley.Peel@gscolorado.org
Camp Dad (or Mom!)
- This is for dads (and moms) that may feel out of the loop when volunteering at other Girl Scout activities, but love the outdoors and want to share their experience with troops!
- Camp Dads (and moms) are needed in every troop and service unit to help with camping experiences for the girls.
- Recommended trainings: Overnight, and Cooking and Camping Trainings. Find them on the Activity Finder!
- Interested? Contact your local troop or service unit!
Camp Buddy Troops
- For troops who love camping, and want to share it by being buddies to other troops who may have less experience. Talk about a great opportunity for girl-led outdoor experiences!
- This can also be for troops looking to share a property or lodge (like Hamp Hut, Twisted Pine, or Pawnee Lodge) with other troops!
- Interested or want a buddy troop for your first camp experience? Contact: Haley.Peel@gscolorado.org
Resident Camps Volunteers
- Four adult volunteers needed at Tomahawk Ranch
- Two adult volunteers needed per week (about 12 total) needed at Sky High Ranch
- Spaces for these volunteers are limited because campers fill our bed spaces and there are limited spaces for these additional adults to sleep (we love them though!); they receive 50% off their daughter’s resident camp registration.
- They are never placed in the same unit as their daughter, so that the adult and the daughter get their own experience at camp.
- Camp directors work to get them registered prior to the opening of camp registration on Jan. 13 as well. Deadline to apply for this is January 7.
- Questions? Contact: Monica.Gray@gscolorado.org for Tomahawk Ranch, or Kim.Petau@gscolorado.org for Sky High Ranch. Resident Camp Adult volunteers complete the camp staff application found here after December 5. They also go through additional levels of background check according to our State Childcare Licensing Standards.