Tips for Running a Successful Book Drive with EPIC
Click here to download the CBR Poster (in English and Spanish).
- Book drive is April 22 – May 17
- Start to pick up books around May 15 (or upon request if box is full)
- Start to sort books around May 20
- Book distribution is from May 21-June 14 (staggered depending on site)
Connections to Colorado Business Reads/EPIC
Executives Partnering to Invest in Children (EPIC) is your partner to ensure you have the support you need for a successful book drive in your community.
- Keep in touch with Marie Hueston (email@example.com, 303-587-4223) and pass along Host Site information for each location that receives a box. This is critical to maintain all contacts in one database and for thanking Hosts at the end of the book drive – we want to make sure we have a complete list.
- Keep track of the number of books collected by each site and report the final numbers to the Host Sites and to Marie for the database.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know about your project too! http://www.girlscoutsofcolorado.org/colorado-reads
Stay in contact with your community stakeholders listed below so they know what to expect throughout the book drive.
Host Sites: These are the businesses hosting boxes at their site(s). Check in on each site weekly and help support their efforts with the book drive. If the box is full, please remove and store the books, or provide another box.
Book Sorting Volunteers: Recruit volunteers who can sort through the books. EPIC can support your efforts for a fun day for volunteers with music, beverages, food and a comfortable place in which do sort the books.
Distribution Sites: Work with the Distribution Sites to make the book distribution a memorable event for the children.
Donors: Always let people know that monetary donations are an option as well. Any funds received, will receive a 50% match from Usborne books, which means more books for children in your community.
Finally, celebrate your success with all of your stakeholders and enjoy the opportunity to make a difference in children’s lives this summer!