The Fall Sale is here! This year, Girl Scouts have a lot to be excited about, including new fun/interactive tools to help girls to reach their goals. Girls can choose to sell in-person or online only and girls can choose to participate online, even if their troop is not.
Girls and parents/guardians should have received an email with a link to the Fall Sale system on Saturday, October 3, 2015 to set up their personalized storefronts. If a parent/guardian did not receive an email to sign in to the system they can go to www.girlscoutmagazines.com/gsco and follow the prompts to participate. If there are any questions, please contact your troop leader or M2 Media Group’s Customer Care at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 372-8520.
In-person order taking ends October 25, 2015. Girls will be able to sell online until November 13, 2015. Girls, who make any sales through that date, will earn rewards and proceeds.
Why should your girl/troop participate in the Fall Sale?
Girls can earn start-up money for their troop and rewards for themselves.
This year, participation in the Fall Sale is even easier for girls, parents/guardians, and volunteers! Troops and girls can participate by selling in-person and online. Or, if they choose, they can sell only online.
Most importantly, they start practicing the 5 Skills.
- Goal Setting –Girls learn to set and reach goals
- Decision Making –Girls learn to make their own choices
- People Skills –Girls learn how to communicate with others and work as a team
- Money Management –Girls learn to budget and handle money
- Business Ethics –Girls learn to be honest and fair
What’s new for the 2015 Fall Sale?
Those customers who prefer not to purchase nut products for themselves can make donations as part of “Project Thank You/Care to Share”. Each $6 donation will send a can of nuts to our men and women in the military overseas.
This year’s Fall Sale includes a variety of magazines and nut and chocolate products including:
Mint Trefoils in a Limited Edition Girl Scout “Branch Out” tin!
Peppermint Bark in a decorative snowman tin; a perfect gift for the holidays!
The Giant Nut Mix that comes in a special Bow Box, perfect for business/corporate gift giving!
Two new Snack Packs, perfect for lunches or snacks on the go!
And, of course, chocolate choices, such as the Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels and Peanut Butter Monkeys!
- As part of their personal storefronts, girls can build their own avatars!
They can also participate in online learning activities and earn virtual rewards.
- Once your girl reaches $175 in online sales, she will get a personalized patch with her name and avatar on it.
As soon as the goal is reached an email is sent to the parents/guardians to order the patch. Once ordered, the patch will be mailed directly to your girl.
- Girls can also post pictures and videos to their online storefronts, send emails to prospective customers, and share their storefronts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus.
- Online customers can pay online and then choose to have their merchandise shipped or delivered in-person.
For any questions regarding participating in the Fall Sale, troop leaders should contact their Service Unit Fall Sale Manager.