We had some pretty awesome weather across the state for our first weekend of council booth sites. It was great to see our girls out in front of big box retailers having fun selling together, practicing their business skills and educating the public about the big things they plan to do with their cookie proceeds!
Did you ‘bling your booth?’ Don’t forget to enter for a chance at winning $200 in Cookie Credits. Take a photo of your troop at your decorated booth and post it to the Girl Scouts of Colorado Facebook page or tag us on Instagram or Twitter (@GSColo). You must include #BlingYourBooth, along with your troop number and cookie goal. Submit your entry by Feb. 25. Check the blog for some fun ideas.
Share your awesome cookie story and earn a free patch! We’re so excited to hear about all of the amazing things you will do with your cookie money! Help us celebrate girls and inspire customers to support you by submitting your cookie-earnings story here. Be sure to include your goals, Hometown Hero, and troop number, along with a fun pic of you and your troop! Submit yours by March 13, 2016 and you will get a free, fun patch.
Local cupboards are being restocked again this week. Please check in with your troop families to make sure they’re confident they will sell the cookies they have on-hand before ordering more from cupboards. If you have inventory available to transfer, the GSCO Classifieds are a great way to spread the word. Service Units also have systems in place to help troops transfer inventory within the same unit. Toffee-tastics are not being restocked. This is the second year of a pilot program and all the Toffees have been distributed. If you need Toffees, try troop to troop transfers. Also, Toffee-tastics will continue to be available through the Digital Order Card.
Resources for sellers
The excitement of opening day has waned, first weekend of booth sales has passed, now what? There are four weekends left in the sale. Keep your girls’ momentum moving forward with these marketing tools:
- Hometown Heroes: Now’s the time to push your Hometown Heroes sales. Customers might say they’ve already purchased cookies but a proper Hometown Hero pitch can put them in the giving mood. Carry a sign about the valuable work your Hometown Heroes do, try a Hometown Hero box wrap (we have one ready for you if your hero is the military)
- Goal charts: Show your girls how far they’ve come and what’s left to reach their goal with a fun goal chart. Download a PDF here, take it to your next meeting, display it at your booth sales so customers really see what you’re working toward.
- Say thank you: Print thank you cards and deliver them to your best customers. It’s always nice to say thank you and you never know they might already be out of the case they bought last week. Here’s a ready-made cookie thank you card you can print.
- Cooking with cookies, means buying more cookies: Check out the collection of cooking with cookie recipes we’ve posted on the GSCOblog. Email your favorites to your Digital Cookie customers or print them and hand out at booth sales or to neighborhood customers.
- National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend: Celebrate National Girl Scout Cookies Weekend Feb. 26-28 by sharing all the amazing things girls do and learn by selling cookies. Take advantage of the national focus on cookies this weekend make some sales!Need help?
Contact your Service Unit Cookie Manager (listed on your troop page of eBudde)
Ask the staff Product Sales Specialist for your area (see below)
Try our Customer Support Team at 877-404-5708 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Product Sales Specialists
Mary Ann Deard (Region 1, 2, 5) – email@example.com
Rychelle Arnold (Region 3, 4) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Aguon (Region 6) – email@example.com
Allison Snavely (Region 6) – firstname.lastname@example.org
Elizabeth Lipp (Region 7) – email@example.com
Weekly Cookie Calls
Girl Scouts of Colorado will host weekly Cookie Calls – join in any Tuesday evening if you have questions. The calls will be 6:30 – 7 p.m. Tuesdays,
through March 22 . Each call will be hosted by a member of the Product Sales Team to answer questions from volunteers and parents about the 2016 Cookie Program.
Join the meeting: https://join.me/JamieHaxton
On a computer, use any browser. Nothing to download.
On a phone or tablet, launch the join.me app and enter meeting code: JamieHaxton
Join the audio conference:
Dial (303) 993-0071 and enter access code 710-989-496#, or connect via internet.