Your Girl Scout can earn a personalized patch with her name and customized M2 avatar on it, while her troop earns 13% of magazine sales and a $1 for each nut/candy item sold. Participating is easy to do – girls can get started today!
Girls learn all aspects of running an online business by using the M2 platform. M2 makes the experience girl-friendly with an easy-to-navigate dashboard where they can create a video, set their goals, create messages for their customers, and the most popular feature, create their own avatar – which girls love!
There are M2 step-by-step guides for families available on our Fall Product Program resources page or click the links below. The M2 operating system (M2OS) is user-friendly and the guides explain what to do before, during, and after the program, making it easier for new users to navigate the platform.
Online and paper order card orders have the option of girl delivery. Girls can do “Porch Pixie” drop-off/delivery of products to friends and family, following current safety guidelines. Online orders with the girl delivery option are paid for through the M2 operating system.
Girl Scouts of Colorado is following the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment as we monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. To review the most current safety guidelines, go to the pink banner on the Girl Scouts of Colorado website.
- Beginning Saturday, September 12, 2020, girls/families can go to gsnutsandmags.com/gsco and follow the prompts to access the M2 system and set-up their storefront.
Please note that if your girl is a Juliette, her troop number will be her service unit number preceded by 99 (for example, a Juliette in Service Unit 755 would be listed under Troop 99755 in the system). If you are not sure what service unit she is in, please select the “I don’t know/see my troop or group#” option.
- If your Girl Scout needs a membership, please go to join to renew her membership for the 2020-2021 year, please click here. You can also renew through myGS on the GSCO website.
- Look for caregiver/family training and other postings on the GSCO Facebook page, YouTube channel, and here on the blog, for tips and how-to videos to support girls and families throughout the program.
- Troop fall product managers will distribute order cards, money envelopes, and the Family Guide to girls/caregivers. You can also find all materials (except for money envelopes) on our website on the Fall Product Program page.
- Create an Avatar: Girl Scouts can create their own avatar to look just like them! As she moves through the online set-up creating her personalized storefront, she earns virtual rewards that she can view in her avatar’s room.
- Make and upload a video: Look for the “How to Get Started in M2OS – For Families” video, posted to the GSCO Facebook page and YouTube channel. It covers all that you need to know to how to help your Girl Scout get set-up in M2OS and how to create and upload a video to their M2 storefront. On the dashboard in M2, you will also find a “Video Instructions” link, providing internet safety tips as well as a sample script.
If a girl uploads a video to her storefront, her customers will see that video. A personal video message is more impactful to customers, especially family and friends. If a girl does not add her own video, her customers will either see a troop video or the generic (default) video available.
- Launch Campaign Storefront: Once their storefront is set up, Girl Scouts can send emails to friends and family with a link to their storefront, inviting them to look at the nut and candy items and magazines available. It’s best for girls to communicate with customers early, to give family and friends plenty of time to support them. Your girl can increase her sales by announcing that her storefront is open on social media, too, post only to private pages.
- Girl Rewards: Girls can check their dashboard in M2 to see their progress in reaching their goals. They can also see the rewards they are earning during the program.
Make sure your Girl Scout has created her avatar exactly as she wants her to look. As soon as she meets the criteria for earning the personalized patch, it will be sent directly to the address entered in the M2 system. Double-check that the address is correct too!
Need help with registration or log-in? Email M2 Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-372-8520.
We want to hear how your girl is using her Girl Scout skills by taking initiative, caring for the community, and Girl Scouting at home. She can send in her story here.