M2 and Trophy Nut, our Fall Product Program vendors, chose the Northern white rhinos as our 2019 mascot because they are nearly extinct, but there are also highly innovative ways that scientists and conservationists are working to preserve the species. Knowing that Girl Scouts are the leaders of today and tomorrow, the vendors wanted to appeal to girls who may join the efforts to save the rhinos and other endangered species.
As part of the qualifications for the giant rhino drawing, we’re asking Girl Scouts to do some online research.
First, did you know that there are endangered species in Colorado? When you go to the Colorado Parks and Wildlife website, you can see a list of endangered or threatened species in our state, region and in the United States.
Second, find out more about organizations and people in Colorado who rescue animals and offer them a safe place to stay. It could be a place that rescues injured wildlife or takes care of wild animals or farm animals or pets that have been mistreated or abandoned. After you do your research, answer the questions on this entry form, and tell us a little bit about what you found out.
Every girl who enters and completes all the steps will earn a fun patch. Drawings for the giant rhino will take place on Tuesday, December 3, 2019.
Note: We are not able to ship the giant plush rhino. The winner must pick-up the rhino from the closest GSCO office.
To qualify for entering the rhino drawing:
- Girls must sell more than $625 in combined sales during the 2019 Fall Product Program.
- Girls must look for the endangered species on the Colorado Parks and Wildlife website.
- Girls must search online for places that are animal rescues, refuges, or shelters in the state of Colorado.
- Girls must answer questions on the entry form: https://girlscoutsofcolorado.formstack.com/forms/rhino_contest_2019
- Submit form by the deadline: Monday, December 2, 2019.
Questions? Call Girl Scouts of Colorado customer care at 877-404-5708 or email email@example.com