** Deadline extended to August 25, 2019 **
Check out full details online and access consent form: http://dayofthegirlsummit.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/IDG-2019-Call-Out-English-Extended.pdf
Attention girls of the world! YOU are being asked to celebrate the International Day of the Girl (IDG 2019)! Did you know that every October 11 the world celebrates GIRLS?! Help honor girls
like you by sending in your stories. Reflect on a moment in your life where you thought “THIS is what it means to be a girl where I live!” It could be a time when you or girls you know overcame an obstacle, shared a moment of connection, stood up for yourself, a life turning point, an act of bravery, or an adventure with friends!
IDG 2019 is looking for original stories, poetry, creative writing, videos, performances, photography, artwork, songs, or declarations about what it means to be a girl where you live! They will select a diverse collection of bold, inspiring, funny, and everyday stories written by girls, for girls to be performed LIVE at the United Nations in New York City on October 11 for the 2019 IDG Girls Speak Out! And guess what?! Everyone who submits her work will get a special shout out on the www.DayoftheGirlSummit.org website or during the IDG2019 webcast on October 11!
October 11 is our day to celebrate and SPEAK OUT about what it means to be a girl. Leaders at the UN and other girls need to hear your story. Help showcase the issues girls face and how powerful girls are. Submit your story and help make this year’s Girls Speak Out the best one yet!
Here is what you need to do:
- Be a girl (or a group of girls) 18 years or younger.
- Answer the question, what does it mean to be a girl where you live today?
- Tell us your story. Send your original work and consent form to: IDGsubmissions@gmail.com with your name, age, country, and contact information no later than Sunday, August 25 11:59PM US EST!
Please make sure your submission is in one of these formats:
- Poetry or monologue (maximum 300 words)
- Video (maximum length of 2 minutes)
- Photograph (jpeg files of at least 500 x 500 pixels)
- Art or graphic design (jpeg files of at least 500 x 500 pixels)
Questions? Email IDGsubmissions@gmail.com