Let’s paint Colorado State Parks Girl Scout green! Girl Scouts of Colorado and Colorado Parks and Wildlife have teamed up for Girl Scouts Love State Parks Weekend July 13-14, 2019.
Share your love of the great outdoors and get to know your local state park with events in state parks across Colorado. Girls can attend as part of a troop or with their family – it’s the perfect opportunity to take advantage of warm summer weather, spend time in nature, and get inspired for future outdoor adventures. Girl Scouts who participate will earn an exclusive patch.
Activities at each park will vary, but may include:
- Ranger programs
- Guided hikes
- Nature Center tours
- Opportunities to explore what makes each park unique- interpretive trails, waterfalls, animal programs, epic views, and more!
- Overnight camping (Girl Scout groups are responsible for reserving a site on their own)
- Girl Scout booth at the park visitor center where you can learn about Leave No Trace ethics to reduce your impact on nature, pick up a nature scavenger hunt card, and other fun activities!
GSCO will send a park specific flyer to all who have RSVP’ed by Monday, July 8.
Participating State Parks
- Barr Lake, Brighton – July 13
- Castlewood Canyon, Franktown – July 13
- Cheyenne Mountain, Colorado Springs – July 13
- Lake Pueblo, Pueblo – July 13
- Lory, Bellevue – July 14
- Mueller, Divide – July 14
- Ridgway, Ridgway – July 13
- Rifle Falls, Rifle – July 14
- Staunton, Pine – July 14
- Sylvan Lake State Park , Eagle – July 14
Park entrance fees of $8/car apply. This is not a drop-off event; girls must attend as part of a troop or with their family.
RSVP here to reserve your space and receive updated event information and reminders emailed out prior to the event.
Don’t forget to share the fun on social media! Be sure to tag Girl Scouts of Colorado on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and use #gsoutdoors and #gscolo. You can also share your story and photos on the GSCO Blog using the Share Your Stories form.
Questions? Email email@example.com.