Trekking through the Central American rainforest. Backpacking in Europe. Cultural exchange in India. All of these trips and many more have been made possible over the last five years, thanks, in part, to Look Wider International Travel Scholarships.
Older Girl Scouts who dream of traveling and meeting Girl Scout sisters around the world should apply today! Awards range from $100 – $500 and support approved travel. Requirements:
- Trip must be sponsored or endorsed by Girl Scouts of the USA or the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts.
- The scholarship is for a girl or young woman member who is a G.I.R.L. (Go-getter, Innovator, Risk-Taker, Leader) and between the ages of 12 and 30 (aligned with WAGGGS guidelines) at the time travel is completed. Volunteers and staff members can also apply.
- The scholarship supports only individual, not troop, travel.
- The scholarship should support international travel, although a compelling domestic trip may be considered.
- Girls who have earned (or are working toward) a Girl Scout Highest Award will be given preference.
- Recipients must submit a short report, with at least three photos, upon their return home.
- Must meet all application deadlines.
- Must be a member of Girl Scouts of Colorado Girl Scout Council and a resident of Colorado.
Look Wider International Travel Scholarships are made possible by the Rae Ann and Richard E Dougherty Look Wider International Travel Fund. Thanks to this generous commitment, Girl Scouts of Colorado will award scholarships for girls and young women to explore the world and the international sisterhood of Girl Scouts. Learn more about Girl Scout destinations and other international travel at forgirls.girlscouts.org/travel.