Kathleen, from Centennial, traveled to Mongolia. Krista, from Fort Collins, visited Sangam World Centre in Pune, India. Allie made lifelong friends during an adventure in Costa Rica . All of these trips and many more have been made possible thanks in part to the “Look Wider” International Travel Scholarships.
Older Girl Scouts who dream of traveling the world and meeting their Girl Scout sisters should apply today for the 2018 “Look Wider” International Travel Scholarships.
- Trip must be sponsored or endorsed by Girl Scouts of the USA or the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts.
- The scholarship is for “girl” members only (based on WAGGGS guidelines – between the age of 12 and 30 at the time travel is completed).
- The scholarship supports only individual girl, not troop, travel.
- The scholarship should support international travel, although a compelling domestic trip may be considered.
- Girls who have earned (or are working toward) a Girl Scout Highest Award will be given preference.
- Recipients must agree to share stories and testimonials about the trip after their return to inspire girls to pursue similar adventures.
- Must meet all application deadlines. Funds must be used for travel in the year in which the scholarship is received.
- Must be a member of Girl Scouts of Colorado Girl Scout Council.
The “Look Wider” International Travel Scholarships are meant for individual girl travel. They’re made possible by the Rae Ann and Richard Dougherty Look Wider International Travel Fund Endowment at Rose Community Foundation. Thanks to this generous commitment, Girl Scouts of Colorado will award scholarships to girls every year. Learn more about Girl Scout destinations and other international travel at forgirls.girlscouts.org/travel and girlscoutsofcolorado.org/global-girl-scouting.