Calling on Colorado Girl Scouts in the metro Denver area!
Do you have a daughter between the ages of 10 and 15?
Would you like to be a host family for a girl between these ages from the People’s Republic of China?
Six to ten girls, part Capable Teens in China, are coming to the Denver area for three weeks July 15– August 3 2016, chaperoned by Capable Teens representatives. Host families in the metro Denver area are needed to provide room and board for a Chinese girl for three (3) weekends, bookending their participation in Girl Scouts of Colorado overnight camp at Sky High Ranch in Woodland Park. By spending time with your family, these girls from the Suzhou area of China (near Shanghai) are hoping for a thorough immersion into American life. Chinese girls may need your help in providing equipment for camp.
Capable Teens, modeled on the Boy Scouts of America scouting program, are bringing these young Chinese women for an introduction to an American Girl Scout experience. We need your help in welcoming these young girls to Colorado and the United States, and introducing them to the GSCO/GSUSA way of Girl Scouting.
Expectations of American Girl Scout host families:
- All adults living in the household will be approved volunteers and members of Girl Scouts of Colorado, join now!
- Be willing to live your normal lives with the addition of a young female guest from China
- Be welcoming and loving; offer fun experiences and open your lives to girls from China.
- Provide normal American opportunities for Chinese girls to practice their English, be a part of your family and to gain an understanding of Girl Scouting
- Participate as much as possible with the plans being developed for this American experience for the Chinese girls, including helping with transport to/from camps, sending your daughter to the camps (if possible), providing equipment, etc.
- Being willing to participate in Skype and email with your Chinese guest prior to their arrival in Colorado.
A small stipend per family is available.
Check out the Capable Teens Web site (www.capableteens.com) for more information about the Capable Teens program and this exciting opportunity for Chinese and American girls!
For more information and for an application, please contact:
Linda Fuller, Girl Scout Program Coordinator, Capable Teens USA email@example.com 303-909-2264